Santa Clara County has promising strategies to end homelessness in their community. They have embraced the concept of innovation in homelessness services, and they are breaking barriers with their new approach to provide accessible and affordable housing.
Santa Clara knew that they needed to partner with a like-minded HMIS vendor that also values the power of innovation in order for their efforts to be successful. This is why they enlisted Bitfocus to fulfill the HMIS system administration role, utilizing the Clarity Human Services HMIS.
Our team and our software Clarity Human Services HMIS address 2 crucial areas:
- Reporting and Data Analysis: Large implementations like Santa Clara, which consists of over 600 users, need substantial reports and performance measures. Clarity Human Services provides the tools that equip Santa Clara County with unparalleled abilities to build custom reports, create data visualization and dashboards, and analyze their data with drag and drop simplicity.
- Coordinated Access: Through a customizable assessment and referral system, the Clarity Human Services HMIS supports the Santa Clara coordinated access model.
HMIS Coordinated Intake Features
Clarity Human Services HMIS gives Santa Clara County full access to industry-leading HMIS centralized intake features such as the following:
- Sophisticated Waitlist Maintenance Functionality, including Community Queue functionality for referral processes and direct, real-time interaction with the Reservation System.
- Functionality that allows the user to automatically refer clients to eligible programs while simultaneously making bed/unit reservations, tracking communication, and tracking approvals/denials through an integrated interface with the ability to securely communicate with other agencies/departments.
- The ability to review real-time housing program availability before referral with real-time bed/unit, program, and voucher availability numbers plotted and graphed.
- Designated Matchmakers can view all available programs within the Community Queue, and re-assign or deny referrals, or set referrals to Pending.
- System Administrators can assign Navigators, who are responsible for managing staff assignment to referrals in the Community Queue.
- Comprehensive VI-SPDAT Integration drives Coordinated Access functionality using the VI-SPDAT score to prioritize clients according to Housing-First initiatives. Also powerful Eligibility Determination Engine to allow for seamless transitions between each step of the intake, assessment, and referral process.
- Interactive and Fully Customizable Dynamic Assessments, including a standardized assessment tool designed specifically for Coordinated Access.
- Customizable database field designer and screen editor that allow the System Administrator to easily create targeted assessments that accurately depict client need and status, as well as manage program and service requirements.
- Document icon feature allows the end-user to quickly determine at a glance whether a client has all necessary documents required by the program.
- Referral Connections feature enables the case manager can link a referral to the program enrollment prior to referral processing, thus maintaining program status while also auto-completing the referral.
- When referral options are limited, the caseworker can refer a client directly to the Community Queue with no referral to an actual agency/program.
Secure Data Sharing, Messaging, and Notifications
- State-of-the-art Referral Notification System based on real-time interactions with the client record.
- Customizable and completely secure cross-agency data sharing capabilities and/or secure inter-departmental sharing.
- In-system referral communication system that provides secure email-based and internal system-based messaging to document referral communication.
Through this partnership, Santa Clara County now has the HMIS system administration and HMIS software that will enable their innovative strategy, allowing them to make their goals reality.