Bitfocus, the company behind Clarity Human Services, is pleased to announce our partnership with the Cambridge Massachusetts Continuum of Care. We are excited to be a part of Cambridge’s innovative plans to develop and implement comprehensive and coordinated strategies to address homelessness in their community.
The Cambridge CoC is a system of housing and services for those in the Cambridge community who are experiencing homelessness, have recently been homeless, or are at risk for becoming homeless. Their mission is to alleviate homelessness through prevention, assistance toward self-sufficiency, and the provision of a continuum of housing and service options.
Clarity Human Services is proud to help support their extensive services and programs:
- Prevention services
- Street outreach and drop-in programs
- Supportive services – case management, representative payee services, housing search, housing stabilization, legal services, and education and employment services.
- Emergency shelters
- Transitional housing
- Permanent Supportive Housing
Innovative Strategies to End Homelessness
Cambridge is implementing some really innovative ways to address homelessness in their community. For example, the Harvard Square Homeless Shelter and the newly opened Y2Y Youth Homeless Shelter introduced a joint volunteer recruiting initiative in an effort to share resources to combat homelessness in Cambridge.
HMIS Coordinated Intake Features
The Clarity Human Services HMIS provides Cambridge CoC full access to industry-leading HMIS Coordinated Intake features such as the following:
- Sophisticated Waitlist Maintenance Functionality, including Community Queue functionality for referral processes and direct, real-time interaction with the Reservation System.
- Functionality that allows the user to automatically refer clients to eligible programs while simultaneously making bed/unit reservations, tracking communication, and tracking approvals/denials through an integrated interface with the ability to securely communicate with other agencies/departments.
- The ability to review real-time housing program availability before referral with real-time bed/unit, program, and voucher availability numbers plotted and graphed.
- Designated Matchmakers can view all available programs within the Community Queue, and re-assign or deny referrals, or set referrals to Pending.
- System Administrators can assign Navigators, who are responsible for managing staff assignment to referrals in the Community Queue.
- Comprehensive VI-SPDAT Integration drives Coordinated Access functionality using the VI-SPDAT score to prioritize clients according to Housing-First initiatives. Also powerful Eligibility Determination Engine to allow for seamless transitions between each step of the intake, assessment, and referral process.
- Interactive and Fully Customizable Dynamic Assessments, including a standardized assessment tool designed specifically for Coordinated Access.
- Customizable database field designer and screen editor that allow the System Administrator to easily create targeted assessments that accurately depict client need and status, as well as manage program and service requirements.
- Document icon feature allows the end-user to quickly determine at a glance whether a client has all necessary documents required by the program.
- Referral Connections feature enables the case manager can link a referral to the program enrollment prior to referral processing, thus maintaining program status while also auto-completing the referral.
- When referral options are limited, the caseworker can refer a client directly to the Community Queue with no referral to an actual agency/program.
Secure Data Sharing, Messaging, and Notifications
- State-of-the-art Referral Notification System based on real-time interactions with the client record.
- Customizable and completely secure cross-agency data sharing capabilities and/or secure inter-departmental sharing.
- In-system referral communication system that provides secure email-based and internal system-based messaging to document referral communication.
Through commitment and innovation, the Cambridge CoC will continue to address homelessness by providing the most vulnerable members of their community with the outreach, emergency interventions, housing, services, and opportunities for independence they need.
Bitfocus is excited to be a part of this exciting process!